Monday 26 September 2016

Heart Attack, A Poem.

I stood there,
Seeing him struggle before my eyes,
I wanted to aid him,
Despite all his lies.

Even though I would be breaking my number one rule,
I couldn't just stand there,
Watching like a fool.

I made an important choice,
And at that moment,
I slipped through,
Even though I wasn't supposed to.

He told me it was over,
That there’s no tomorrow,
It filled my heart with sorrow.


I stopped for a moment,
And remembered what he did to me.
He broke my heart,
Even at the start,
Felt the flames burning in my heart

And then he stopped
I stopped too
He said that there was nothing i could do

Then he fell to the ground,
And didn’t make a sound


His soul will be gone,
We won't see him at dawn.


Thats what happened
To stupid little Shawn




Summary and Explanation
“Heart Attack” is a poem about a guy named Shawn who cheats on this girl. Shawn has a heart attack and the girl wants to help him until she remembers what he did to her, so she just sits there and watches him die.

My Inspiration
This poem was inspired by Gord Downie because his poems always carry such meaning. (Even though this poem isn't something that I can personally relate to.) I utilized imagery and allusions as Gord Downie does.


4 comments:

  1. Wow,I love this poem! It is really well written and very deep. Aside from all the literacy devices (which were evident), the poem was very personal and insightful. Though it is personal to you, I find the poem very personal to the reader. It invokes a feeling of sorrow and question throughout. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The imagery you used in this poem really gives the reader all the sensations you described. Even though you said that this poem isn't inspired from personal experience, the message really sounds like it's coming from a place of previous hardship. Awesome poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You use amazing imagery in this poem it is very well written and has great rhyming patterns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooow this is wonderful, i really love this piece, is really touching and imaginary. in fact it hurt to love some one and not to be loved in return. But, despite the pains, it would have been more touching to master courage to help him survive. Anyway I love the setting and mood. I love it, is amazing, good work done May the blessings of Allah be with you.

    ReplyDelete